Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Trevi Fountain by Angela D'Aleo




When I first saw the Trevi Fountain in Rome, I knew I could capture the feeling of the sculpture if I created the painting using masa paper.  Because of the enormous size of the Trevi Fountain, I chose to paint only parts of the lower right and left side, leaving the rest for future paintings.

As I continued to travel throughout Italy, I could not look at a sculpture without thinking I need to capture this memory.  A photo could not do it for me.  When I returned home, I started my series of sculpture paintings.

Watch for the upcoming podcast of painting techniques, including painting on masa paper.

On my website  www. angeladaleo.com you can View more masa paintings, including statues from the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York.  There is a wonderful French Sculpture garden where you can see the statues that inspired me.

For more information on the masa paintings, contact me at adaleo@optonline.net.

No comments: